Sunday, April 11, 2010

Can't. Do. It.

Today, CH and the kids and I bagged over 15 huge leaf bags, and bundled 10 huge bundles of sticks, and we pruned and mulched our back flower beds.  I'll take a picture and post, they look lovely.  

However, I am allergic to nature.

During the day, I kept going with a combination of these two:



The breakfast of champions.  And I drank it like this:
 

After a day of dealing with Mother Nature and all of her dusty, polleny tree shrapnel, I have dosed with this:
 I know, it's bad for my liver. 
But so is lack of sleep with drainage 
down my throat all night.

Tomorrow is Youngest Daughter's 7th birthday, and I don't have any of her presents wrapped, her cake baked, her school treats done, or even have all of the presents purchased.  Still missing?  The Zhu-Zhu DS game and the Zhu-Zhu accessories.  For those of you unfamiliar with Zhu-Zhu, this is what they look like:
They are fake hamsters, which is SOOOO much better and less smellier than the real thing.  And they don't eat or poop, which is a pre-requisite for any new animals coming into our house.  They also make Zhu-Zhu babies.  (NOTE - the actual Zhu-Zhu's do not make the babies, the factory does.  Another bonus!)  YD is getting one of those, but this is the toy she wants with it:
I know, they're weird.  But again, no pooping or feeding, so it's all okay.  The only problem:
George the Superpet will want to gut them like a small, real, tasty little rodent.  It will be YD versus George.  Let the Celebrity Deathmatch begin.

I'll write a real post tomorrow night, I promise.  But for now, my sweet sweet friend Nyquil is kicking in.  I have to say that even in the bliss of Nyquil the Hamster song today is annoying.  I must apologize.  Have a mahvelous Monday!

3 comments:

Wendy Ramer, Author said...

My daughter has a REAL hamster. Yet she still loves Zhu Zhu pets and actually saved her allowance to buy one. I don't get it!

Wendy Ramer, Author said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love you on Nyquil, this was friggin' hysterical!

Post a Comment

Let's talk. Tell me all about it.