Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Suprise Puppy Caper

Hello friends!  Thanks for your sweet comments in the past week about me Mum, who is slightly unhappy about breaking her pelvis.

Let me just say that it is very worrisome to find out your parent has broken something major.  It's very odd to see your parent looking vulnerable and scared, and it freaks you out a bit.  Here are some things I learned from this experience:
  1. Have a sibling who is a First Responder.
  2. Don't make jokes in the hospital room, not usually a very receptive audience.
  3. If your father speaks of loading people up with sedatives and a catheter, make sure your doctor knows NOT to release you to his care.
  4. Having an audience to use the bathroom isn't fun for ANYONE.
  5. I'm still allergic to Nebraska.
In The Secret Bungalow Mystery, Nancy finds out that trusty Hannah Gruen twisted her ankle while caring for the Drews' home and personal effects.  Nancy runs home to care for Hannah, which means making her a light lunch of delicious chicken salad on a croissant and mandarin oranges, and excusing her from the day's housekeeping duties.  Nowhere in that book does it mention that Nancy helps Hannah get her pants off or go to the bathroom, because that would be a little uncomfortable in the Mad Men era.

Fortunately, Mom is on the road to recovery.  Youngest Daughter and I both got sick in Nebraska, I think because we are both allergic to Goldenrod, the state flower, and cottonwood trees.  We came home on Sunday night and we brought this:


Meet Shiloh.  She's a 6 month old Labradoodle.
She is Mom's dog, now our foster dog for the month.



Shiloh and YD play.  And Shiloh ate Harry Potter the Lego.


 Shiloh and George the Superpet play. George is a bit fat and out of shape.

The only mystery this week is how long will George the Superpet be able to last.


6 comments:

pegzhere said...

OMG!! George kind of resembles a sheep :). He will school Shiloh on the rules of the hood in no time. Fun to have 2 pups around.

I hope your Mom heals quickly!

Mel said...

Awwww...they are so adorable together! I think you must keep them both:)

GrandeMocha said...

I don't think you will be able to get Shiloh away from YD. I think he is here to stay. Hope your mom feels better soon. And you too!

rhonda said...

is george a labradoodle too? they do look like sheep...but they don't shed right? we have a yellow lab and she sheds ferociously.

Supper Club Six said...

I don't know if I could return Shiloh. Even to "me mum".

Julie the Wife said...

George is a Standard Poodle, big guy at 110 lbs, no shedding, much like a sheep. We had a yellow lab - Sugar Magnolia, bless her doggie soul - and I could still replicate her Jurassic-Park style because her fur is still to be found, and it's been six years.

Post a Comment

Let's talk. Tell me all about it.