Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Affair With Walt Disney
Part 2

For those of you who didn't see SNL this weekend, I love this skit, and it is appropro to this post:


For the record, I absolutely love Kristen Wiig, and I am ready to be her body double and life stand-in whenever she needs me.  Her Cinderella reminds me of one of my neighbors.

So let's wrap up this Disney thing - here are the highlights:


Upon arrival, the old dude loading up the Disney Magic Express photobombed my kids.  Check out the rabbit ears he threw on Oldest Daughter.  My kids were in awe.  As was I.  Well played, old Disney dude.


Daytime view from our balcony overlooking Epcot...the nighttime view was the Illuminations show over Epcot with lasers and fireworks.  I had a cold glass of chardonnay and my familia around me on two nights that we just took in the show from our balcony.


Me, kicking everyone's ASS on the Buzz Lightyear ride!  Look at my intensity.  Don't kid yourself, I WILL shoot you.


Pretty happy kid.  I was SO cynical about Disney, really I was, but it is a little bit magical.  There, I said it.  Are you happy Walt?


Oldest Daughter and The Son, enjoying their soaking on Splash Mountain.  Sit in the front, Suckers.


CH, showing that just because he wears a senior citizen safari hat doesn't mean he isn't batshit crazy.  Notice OD and The Son, who purposely staged their picture like they were having a serious conversation and oblivious to the five-story plunge.  Because my family is normal like that.  We plan our ride pictures.


The body on the left is BEFORE you have children.  The body on the right is AFTER three children.  We won't even talk about the incontinence.

But getting back to the picture, this is OD and I after our River Rapids ride with our wet butts.


OD and The Son, mad because the Rockin' Roller Coaster had a two hour wait.  This is the only ride we didn't make it on, because the first day we were there and we had fast passes it was broken, and when we came back it had the long wait.  Guess we'll have to come back.

Since there are so many pictures in this post, I have to break it up into two.  Look for the final (Thank God) installment of Disney Monday night.



2 comments:

Muffintopmommy said...

God damn that Walt, it really is pretty magical, isn't it?? Sure, I don't have five bucks left in my pocket for a box o wine after that little mouse pickpocketed me, but it was funnn! Totally laughing about your Space Mountain recap. I had to wait with the two littler guys while hubs took oldest. The plan was I was gonna take 4 year old when they got off, and then he'd wait with littlest and oldest. When he got off he looked at me and just shook his head, and described what your pic showed....him poking JP's shoulder reassuring him the whole ride while his neck snapped. Gah! I guess I got off easy on that one! :)

Mom of AOCG said...

Sweetest pic of YD! I know just where you were standing! :) And OD and the son planning the non-chalant picture? How can I be as cool as them someday? :) oxo

Post a Comment

Let's talk. Tell me all about it.