For those not familiar with its awesomeness, it's "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth. One of my best friends in Junior High, Jenny, wore a back brace for scoliosis, and it was the full-blown, full-body hardware everyone dreaded. Some people who wore them would be shy or upset about it. Jenny ROCKED that back brace. She was attitude and a bag of chips with that thing. Jenny was the youngest of four kids, and I think her parents could see the light at the end of the tunnel, because when she was really mad at them, which was often, she would stomp down to her basement bedroom, slam the door, and blare this song at full volume, and NOT GET INTO TROUBLE. Whoa. I remember looking at her and thinking, "That's how you do it." Of course, I would've been sent to live with my Mennonite grandparents, but still.
So let's get back to the present.
Remember the part in The Shining where Danny is calling himself Tony, writing REDRUM in lipstick on the door, and saying "Danny doesn't live here anymore"? Julie, The Wife, had one of those weeks. I was going to unleash the fury of a woman scorned on the blog, because I figured, "Hey, this IS a DAY in the wife, and not all days are good, right? So I can complain a little. Or a LOT."
I'm poised at the keyboard. The fingers are ready. I am ready to morph into a bitch on wheels. Oh, but first, I think I'll stop over at my friend Danon's blog at The Insatiable Host and see what she's up to, because she makes me laugh, and she's had a few funny 'man does that ever SUCK' posts lately. Here is what I found:
"A Day in the Wife - Julie - COME ON DOWN!!!!!! You're the next recipient of the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am giving you this award for many reasons also. You were my first...yes, I was a blog virgin and you were there to pick up my spirits and tease me with your ways! You had me at Laura Ingalls and leave me gasping for air especially with your last post about grooming! I also have to give you this award because you are an amazing writer! CH is lucky to have a RIDE or DIE bitch like yourself!"
Aw. Shucks. She gave me a Sunshine Blogger Award!
It's Link Love! Who can be mad after a little Link Love?
So here's the deal:
The Sunshine Blog Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blog world. The rules for accepting the award are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
2. Pass the award to 5 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
6. Share 5 things about yourself
Logo has been added. Check.
Pass the award to five bloggers - let's see....
- Crash Test Mommy, who is funny and real and makes me smile.
- The Secret is in the Sauce, the SITS girls, who do their damnedest to promote all of the chicky bloggers in the world. Girl power, indeed!
- Aleighopolis, a friend of mine who is a fresh face in the blogosphere, tres funny, check her out.
- Anissa Off the Record, who blogged every day last month and made it count, AND
- Abby Annis, who, along with Anissa, write these excellent, motivational blogs for writers. They are both very encouraging and real.
- WAIT! WAIT! I have to add one more...On 'n On 'n On, Wendy's blog, which has been stubbornly refusing to show up in my favorites list. Wendy is sunshine personified. She is like a freshly appointed IKEA kitchen. Because she lives in IKEA. So here's a shot of Absolut to Wendy as well.
Linked nominees, informed them. (By the way, ladies, this doesn't mean you have to do it, I won't be hurt, I just want to take an opportunity to share the Link Love! I love your stuff!) Check.
Linked to Insatiable Host, whom I love like coffee in the morning, and she tolerates all of my crazy nicknames for her. Double check.
Now it's time for sharing. I would like to take this time to note that the Sunshine Award Committee does not say that you have to make your sharing items positive.
- I'm having a very bad week. One good friend is moving, one is divorcing, another is in pain, and one isn't returning my e-mails and I don't know why. It may not be anything at all, but it is nagging me. "Did I do something? Say something?" Because I am fully capable of doing or saying and not realizing. It's called narcissism, friends,and sometimes I got it bad!
- My parents, whom I see maybe twice a year, traveled 24 hours to see my sister and they are 5 hours from me and I can't go see them.
- I'm a little torqued-off at CH at the moment, which is rare. I get humorously annoyed, but not "balls-out-you-wanna-piece-of-me-MF?" But I am still his Ride or Die Bitch. I just won't hook or strip or go to jail for him right now. Have no fear, it will be over by Whoreticulture Friday.
- My entire yard is full of dog shit from the winter, and now it has thawed, and the kids want to play in the yard. Where does George the Superpet like to do his bizness? In front of the playset, of course.
- I need to have the first draft of my book done in four weeks, and I just can't get my brain to prepare for liftoff. (MOM, CAN I HAVE A SNACK?) Fingers on keyboard, meet brain. (MOM, XYZ IS BEING MEAN TO ME!!) Brain, meet fingers. (MOM, WHERE IS MY iPOD?) Work together, and make Momma proud. (MOM, I CAN'T GET TO SLEEP!) What am I working on?