Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Best of Times, The Worst of Times

First off, my scan was clean, and I was told that I will probably always have a callback on the mammo because my tissues are dense and stubborn.  AWESOME.  But I told her that I will come back as many times as they want as long as I get the same clean results.

But I have a much, much bigger issue right now, Wifers:  Oldest Daughter was asked to the Homecoming Dance.  By a boy.  It's a bona fide date.  Sweet Baby Jesus.

She's excited, I'm excited, we're all excited.  The dude who asked her did it with a really cute note with lots of pictures and riddles, it was sweet.  We already got her a dress while we were in Nashville, thinking she would go with some friends.


I suddenly find myself wishing it was a little more....
how do you say...Nunnish.


So we're all excited.  If you have been staring into my windows for the last two hours, you might be asking yourself, "But if we are all so excited, why is Julie endlessly sobbing?"  Let me tell you why.  Because I discovered that I have a FUCKING HOOKER CONVENTION that weekend in Minnesota. 

I will be six hours away from home while my sweet baby girl will be getting ready for her first homecoming.  It's breaking my heart.  I've been researching flights from Minneapolis, but there are only two non-stop flights from Mpls on Saturday, and one is too early and the other too late.  It's a six hour drive from the convention to home.  The convention ends at 2 p.m.  The dance starts at 8 p.m., but I'm sure they will do something before.  I'm just not seeing how it's going to work.  But I can't miss it.

Son of a Nutcracker. 

I'm off to do some more non-productive sobbing.


1 comments:

Rhonda said...

you should totally fake sick for the Hooker Convention...first date to homecoming...only happenin' once.

Post a Comment

Let's talk. Tell me all about it.